DateSmart’s goals are to offer young people the knowledge, skills, and tools they need to avoid becoming either targets or perpetrators of dating violence and to develop healthy interpersonal relationships.
How big is the problem?
Healthy Relationships and Teen Dating Violence Prevention
DateSmart, a training for 7th and 8th-grade students, is currently offered using the Zoom platform at no charge. For more information on having DART provide DateSmart training, please use this contact button.
DART also offers access to the materials and support needed for you to successfully teach DateSmart at your school. For DateSmart material, please fill out the form and we’ll be in touch. Click the button below.
- Learn the importance of self-reliance when confronted with violence
- Understand the differences between healthy and unhealthy relationships
- Recognize patterns and behaviors related to dating violence
- Learn appropriate responses to potential dating violence situations
- Understand how to help a friend
- Know where they can go for help
Also included are resources for parents/guardians in both English and Spanish.
A 1-hour and 3-hour version are available.